Date and time: Monday 3rd June 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Venue: GMYN, Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham St, Manchester M4 1LE
This training explores how to provide effective support and enable participation of young people in care. The session will enable you to:
- Understand key terminology around young people in care.
- Recognise issues that young people in care face.
- Identify barriers, and explore solutions so young people in care can participate.
“This was great! This training gave me confidence I need to support young people in care in my work” Previous participant
The training will be delivered by:
- Claire Reedy, Programme Co-ordinator at GMYN, who has extensive knowledge of working with young people in care. She has also worked with looked after children as a residential care worker in a children’s home, as a high school teacher and, for the last year, she has been delivering a programme increasing young people’s confidence, skills and reducing their social isolation with GMYN.
- Yvonne Thatcher, Social Worker at Oldham Council, is a qualified social worker working in the Permanence Team at Oldham Council. She qualified in 2013 and was based at the child protection team, specialising in looked after children since 2016. She has also obtained her Practice Educator Certificate and trains social work students.
Places cost £45.
GMYN members receive a 20% discount.
Book in advance here.
Places are given on a first-come-first-served basis.
This workshop is part of the GMYN Membership offer 2019/20. If you would like to find out more about the GMYN Membership offer please click here.