This FREE training, funded by Young Manchester, covers many aspects of volunteer management in youth organisations including:
- Volunteering in youth organisations
- How to encourage young people to volunteer
- The benefits of engaging volunteers for your organisation, the volunteers and communities
- Recruitment and selection – including role descriptions, short-listing and interviewing
- Induction and training – including why training is important and what should be included
- Support and supervision
- The importance of recognition and reward
This training is delivered by Andrew Brookfield who has 20 years’ experience working and volunteering with young people and volunteers including with GMYN, the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation, youth offending services, Groundwork, Prince’s Trust and the Scouts.
PLEASE NOTE: This training is only available to organisations working in the Manchester Borough and there are two places available per organisation.
Participants can attend a single daytime session OR two shorter evening sessions.
- Tuesday the 5th of March 10am-3.30pm
- Thursday 14th March 6-8.30pm (Part A) AND Thursday 21st March 6-8.30pm (Part B)
at GMYN, Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester M4 1LE.
Book in advance by emailing email@example.com
*Two places available per organisation*