Programme: Money for Life
Role requirements: aged 18-25
Money Champions are an essential part of the Money for Life Programme. You will be working alongside Youth Workers to deliver the Money Masterclasses as peer educators and championing the programme within your community. This voluntary role is a great opportunity for those looking to gain some leadership experience and develop their transferable skills.
What will a Money Champion do?
- Be actively committed and engaged with the Money for Life programme
- Attend a full day Train the Trainer session to learn more about the programme and how to deliver the Money Masterclass
- Receive additional Money Champion (peer education) training from UK Youth or GMYN
- Work alongside your Hub, youth workers and other Money Champions to deliver/support delivery of 1-2 Money Masterclasses to 16-25 year olds (this can be split across 4 x 1.5 hour modules)
- Support your Hub’s marketing and promotion, championing the project to other young people online (social media) and offline (events)
- Engage with the Money for Life online network- sharing information, participating in social media campaigns and signposting others to online hub, moderating the forum and facilitating expert chats
- Encourage other young people to download and use the ‘Smart Saving’ app- helping them to reach their saving goals!
- Signpost other young people to online hub for gaining expert advice and seek support when needed
- Help a group of peers to set up and deliver their own Community Challenge
- Complete evaluation and feedback requests- giving honest feedback about the programme and own experience
The role of the Money Champion is also to be enthusiastic, passionate and determined to support their peers and Money for Life Hub. For more information please contact Nick on 0161 274 3377.